International Journal of Information Management Science
ISSN- 2225-9163 (Print)
International Journal of Information Management Sciences is peer reviewed journal being published annually by Pakistan Librarians Welfare Organization since 2012. This is the first research journal of Pakistan which is being published by professional association of librarians. This journal is publish in print as well as online version as “open access policy”. The journal covers subjects including library & Information Science, information management, knowledge management, information literacy and allied subjects.
The International Journal of Information Management Science (IJIMS) is multidisciplinary in scope and interdisciplinary in content and methodology. It has a very broad horizon. It covers almost every single dimension relating to Library & Information management sciences. IJIMS publishes articles which are; based on quantitative or qualitative empirical work, conceptual, theory driven, literature reviews and case studies. A high quality Blind Peer Review ensures its quality and original contributions in the field of library sciences. It covers a wide range of areas including the following:
- Role of Libraries in Information Management
- Libraries and knowledge management
- Library Automation / Digitization
- Automations tools / case studies
- Digital libraries /trend , techniques /tools / experiences
- Information commons
- Information literacy
- Library and information service marketing
- Resource sharing among libraries and information centers
- Preservation & conservation of digital and traditional libraries
- Innovation in information management
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative initiatives
- Curriculum Design
- Research directions
- Universal bibliographic control
- Cataloguing/classification issues
- Subject access
- Authority data
- Formats, tools and standards (e.g. RDA, ISBD, UNIMARC)
- Use and reuse of metadata (e.g. opening our data to other communities and our reuse of the data from outside sources)
- Chain of supply in the creation of metadata
- Innovations in information, knowledge and content management
- Knowledge economy
- Intellectual capital
- Indigenous knowledge systems
- Business & competitive intelligence
- Records management
- Information entrepreneurship, design and delivery
- Social media & online social networking
- Accreditation and the role of libraries
- Acquisition and deployment of technology in the library environment
- Adaptive equipment technology
- Consortia, cooperatives, networks
The journal publishes at least one issue each year. Articles are published online when ready for publication and then printed in an end-of-year compilation. Additional issues may be published for special events (e.g. conferences) and when special themes are addressed.
Peer Review Policy
This practice is being designed to ensure that only good articles is published. This policy will be applied to all articles who submitted for the publication in The International Journal of Information Management Science (IJIMS).
To save the time for authors and peer-reviewers, all submitted articles are read by any of the editorial board member. After initial selection and if papers judged to be potential interest to readership and matched with the policy of the journal are sent to peer-reviewers for final decision. After review and on the basis of the reviewers recommendations, the decision may be Acceptance of paper, minor/major revision, and rejection of paper.
This is an open access journal which allow reader to use all contents freely and without any charges. This open access policy not only enhance readership of any article but also support knowledge economy.
This journal is planned to be indexed by different agencies including the following:
- Libraries and knowledge management
- Academic Search Premier
- Business Source Corporate
- Current Awareness Abstracts
- ISI Web of Science
- Library Information Science Abstracts
- Library Literature & Information Science
- Social Sciences Citation Index
Muhammad Asif Munir
President, Pakistan Librarian Welfare Organization
Dr. Muhammad Tariq
Incharge, Library Information Services,
COMSATS Institute of Information technology, Lahore
Sr. Managing Editor
Librarian, Supreme Court of Pakistan, Lahore registry
Librarian, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore
Government College University, Lahore
University of the Punjab, Lahore
- Dr. Muhammad Ramzan, Director Quality Enhancement Cell, Information Technology University, Lahore, Pakistan
- Prof. Dr. Khalid Mahmood, Professor, Department of Information Management, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- Dr. Muhammad Shoaib, Professor & Director UET Lahore, Pakistan
- Dr. Muhammad Rafiq, Associate Professor, Department of Information Management University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- Muhammad Shahid Soroya, Director General, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Lahore, Pakistan
- Dr. Muhammad Shahbaz Mustafai, University of Gujrat, Gujrat, Pakistan
- Prof. Dr. Jagtar Singh, Professor & Head Department of Library & Information Sciences, Punjabi University Patiala, India
- Ms. Zahra B. Kamarei (Zari Kamarei Somerville), Director of Science & Engineering Libraries, University of Rochester, NY, USA
The original research, which is not submitted in any journal for conference for publication / presentation can be submitted in the International Journal of Information Management Sciences (IJIMS). Before submission of the document the author should be responsible for:
- The paper is complete in all aspect.
- The document is checked and fix all language errors and mistakes
- The author has legal rights of all the contents of the document, submitted for the publication
- Check all references to ensure all essential information is included, and are cited in accordance to the journal format.
- The author has check the plagiarism of the document and it is as per policy of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (Link). Please note that the Journal have xero-tolerance policy towards plagiarism.
Format Your Manuscript
The authors are instructed to develop their document as per following format.
The first letter of each word in title should use upper case. Include in the first page the article title, author's full names, affiliations, corresponding author's phone and/or email.
A structured abstract must be included with each manuscript with (at leat) 4 clearly identifiable elements of content: research goals, methods, results (major findings and conclusion), and implications of the study. Except for the goals, these sections should be preceded by headings (i.e., Methods, Results, Conclusion and implications). Three to 5 key words should also be submitted with the abstract.
Section of the manuscripts.
Apart from title page and abstract, the manuscripts should have the following sections but not limited to:-
- Background studies (Literature review)
- Research method and design
- Results and discussion
To format the text in all above section, please use APA format style (6th edition).
Submit your Manuscript
The interested author can submit their manuscripts online in doc.file only, on the following address
The receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged